The effects of learning disabilities on parents!
The learning disability of the child affects the family as well as the child. When families realize this situation most of the time, disapproval can be seen as a priority. The reason for this is the unconscious advice spoken in the environment, such as "Every child is different, other people's children also have this situation and they will improve in the future, so they should not fall on it". However, with the increase in the awareness of the family in the following periods, the learning difficulty in the child is understood and this time the family blames itself.
For example, in this process, in families;
- Tendency to blame yourself
- Psychological fatigue
- Anxiety and worry
- Increase in self-criticism
- Resentment some effects are observed.
The reasons for these effects are;
- “I could have noticed sooner.” thought
- “What if my child is withdrawn and ostracized by his environment, unable to be self-sufficient?” fear
- “Will we be able to overcome the learning disability?” anxiety
- “If I were a good parent, I could see my child's needs.” is self-criticism.
Let's overcome the effects by telling each other!
Parents should know that they are not alone in tackling learning disabilities; Too many of our children face this challenge. For this reason, as the Auto Train Brain Family, we contribute by organizing live broadcasts on Instagram in order to remind our parents that they are not alone, to share the difficult moments in this process, to get advice from other families who have experienced similar situations, and most importantly to relax by sharing. You can also participate in our weekly broadcasts. By sharing your experiences and feelings in this process, you can be a light to other families and make them feel that they are not alone.
Advice to parents:
- Parents, observe your children.
- Make your child feel safe.
- Be tolerant, patient and understanding towards your child.
- Be consistent in your behavior towards your child.
- Try not to project your worries onto your child.
- Ensure your child has self-confidence and motivation.
- Reward your child's efforts as well.
- Don't do what he has to do for him.
- Do not compare your child with siblings or friends.
- To have a good time together, go to the cinema, to the park, have a picnic, play games.
- Share your problems with the school and collaborate with your child's teacher.
- Remember that you are not alone, there is a solution to learning difficulties, give importance to your education.
The people who know your child best are their parents. You better know their needs, abilities, likes and dislikes. Never forget that your child needs you. If you are good, they can be good too. When there is a subject you need on any subject, you can contact the experts and find the answer to your question. In this way, you can help your child more.
Auto Train Brain is a reliable, permanent, side-effect free, easy-to-use, short-acting solution for learning disabilities as personalized neurofeedback training. It was developed by the mother of a child with dyslexia.
You can write all your questions to us; You can reach us via our Auto Train Brain contact page, social media accounts, phone and e-mail.
☎️ +90 552 651 00 50
Auto Train Brain